Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Escarole

"What is this?" you ask...
This is YUM!

Yup, the picture might not make it look like anything all that special because it was taken in my poorly lit dining room at about 9:30pm on my blackberry but believe me it's delicious! It's actually my boyfriends favorite meal (besides my alfredo sauce which I will NEVER share the recipe of). He even likes the escarole. That is amazing because he hates vegetables! ALL vegetables. Except potatoes, but doesn't everyone like potatoes? So let's get on with the recipe.

Sauteed Escarole with Garlic
1 Bunch of Escarole (Cleaned SUPER well and torn a bit)
1/8 (ish) cup of EVOO
6-7 cloves of Chopped Garlic
Salt and Pepper
a splash of Chicken Stock

What to do:
CLEAN YOUR ESCAROLE!! Seriously. No one wants to chomp on dirt. It's not tasty. So when it's clean and torn into smaller pieces, not tiny cuz it shrivels, then put it into a GIANT pot and bring it to a boil, about 5 minutes.

While the escarole is doing its thing put a good amount of olive oil in a big pan and sautee the garlic.

Has it been about 5 minutes yet? I say yes. Drain your escarole and run it under cold water until its not hot anymore then start sauteeing it in the garlic and oil. I let it cook about 15-20 minutes. When there's about 5 minutes left I salt and pepper it and add a splash of chicken stock (or wine, if I have that) and keep mixing it around till it's done.

After all that I put it in the oven or microwave to keep it warm. I don't have enough pans to make all the components at the same time, I'm broke.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bread Crumbs (I use Schar)
Parmesan BelGioso (Splurge and buy the good stuff, you don't need much)
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning

What to do:
Pound the Chicken so it's nice and thin, a half inch or so thick.
Mix the Bread Crumbs with Garlic Powder and Italian Seasoning.
Coat the bottom of a pan with EVOO and let it heat up (I set the heat on about 3 1/2-4 on my stove. So like a low medium).
Massage (do it with love :)) some olive oil into the chicken breasts on one side then season with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Italian Seasoning.
Sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese over it then sprinkle the Bread Crumbs on top. Add a little more Parmesan Cheese and press it firmly into the chicken.
Place it seasoned side down in the hot oil and repeat the seasoning on the other side.
Flip it carefully to the other side and finish cooking.
After it's done I sprinkle a little more cheese on top :)

It's SOOOOO delicious. And even though some of the ingredients are more pricey you only need a few tablespoons. I promise it's delicious and if you serve it to guests they will have NO IDEA it's gluten free.

I'd suggest practicing the escarole before serving it to guests, it took me a while to get it right.

I'd also like to give a should out to www.affordableglutenfree.blogspot.com for encouraging me to get back into this!


Happy Gluten Free Cooking!!!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment